// 6/11/17 //
The full text of the administration’s proposed rules on contraceptive coverage is now available (Religion Clause).
- The document can be found here.
- On Take Care, Douglas NeJaime and Reva Siegel argue that the administration’s invoking conscience to block the contraceptive mandate is contrary to the U.S. religious liberty tradition.
- Also on Take Care, Nelson Tebbe, Micah Schwartzman, and Richard Schragger offer an in-depth analysis of the administration’s effort to undermine the mandate, arguing that it is an affront to women and to the Constitution.
- Louise Melling of the ACLU explains why the draft rule on contraceptive coverage is “frightening.”
- Activists with close ties to the current administration are using propaganda films in an effort to pressure the Department of Justice to investigation Planned Parenthood (Rewire).
- At Rewire, Imani Grandy, Brie Shea, and Jessica Mason Pieklo provide a timeline of increasing efforts to restrict second-trimester abortions.
Senior Democrats are circulating a memo outlining certain Health and Human Services officials’ “misinformation about reproductive health care” (Rewire).
The AHCA and President Trump’s proposed budget would decimate Planned Parenthood funding (WaPo).
Abstinence-only advocate Valerie Huber has been tapped for a key Department of Health and Human Services position, reports Martha Kempner (Rewire).