// 12/4/17 //
The Senate passed the most sweeping tax rewrite in decades early Saturday (NYT).
- The tax reform proposal barreling through the Senate rewards those who move money offshore, writes Jesse Drucker in the New York Times.
- The White House debate on the bill became a family affair (NYT) with the potential to reshape American life (NYT).
- The Republican tax plan should not be raising taxes on anyone, Marc Thiessen writes in The Washington Post.
- The last minute wrangling over the bill reflects tensions within the GOP over how seriously to take deficits (WP).
- However, including automatic triggers down the line is bad policy (WSJ).