// 4/26/17 //
President Trump proposed drastic reductions in individual and corporate tax rates (NYT, WaPo).
- Congressional Republicans are reportedly dissatisfied with the proposal (CNN).
- CNN assesses whether the proposal is likely to be passed in Congress.
- High-income earners and businesses will benefit from the plan, writes Neil Erwin (NYT).
- The plan is a betrayal of ordinary Americans, writes Nicholas Kristof (NYT).
- The New York Times lists the changes proposed in the tax plan.
- The New York Times also notes that the tax overhaul would disproportionately benefit the highest-income and wealthiest people (NYT).
- The Washington Post analyzes how the changes would impact different tax brackets.
- President Trump’s plan is detached from reality, argues former Director of the Congressional Budget Office Douglas Holtz-Eakin (WaPo).
- The tax plan could be a windfall for the Trump Organization, write Drew Harwell and Jonathan O’Connell (WaPo).
President Trump doesn’t intend to release his tax returns, according to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin (WaPo).